This red boiled wool blend fabric is made of 70% polyethylene and 30% wool, excellent for making soft furnishings, coats and jackets!
At a 160cm wide this boiled wool cloth is soft, durable and naturally resistant to odour, dirt and water. This material is perfect for crafts and home furnishings too!
||160cm | 62"
||70% Polyethylene | 30% Wool
||Dry clean or see instructions below
||What can I make with this:
How do I care for this fabric?
Boiled Wool is a purely natural fabric. It has a natural lanolin protection which makes woollen products so easy to care for. Boiled wool needs to be dry/steam/fresh air cleaned.
- If a boiled wool coat has just got slightly dirty, it is fine to shake or brush it out very carefully using a fine haired brush that will not damage the wool.
- To get rid of unwanted smells in boiled wool garments, place them in the bathroom when you take a shower. The air humidity has a "self-cleaning" effect on wool.
Steaming to keep the fabric fresh Please note!! test on a small piece first to see how your fabric is reacting to heat. Use a low heat with steam.
- Steaming your wool fabric using an iron should be carried out in a methodical no rush way to ensure all areas of the fabric are covered.
- Set the iron to a wool setting and hold the iron approximately 1.5cm/1 inch above the fabric. Hold the iron there for around five seconds before moving on to the next section.
- Please allow up to 10% shrinkage for all fabrics to be on the safe side.
- If you are in any doubt about care instructions please always test a sample first to find the most suitable way to wash your chosen fabrics, as we cannot accept liability for fabrics washed or treated incorrectly.
- Whilst every effort is made, we cannot guarantee that the colours you see on our screen are accurate because every screen is calibrated differently and settings are set differently.
- All sizes and measurement for fabrics washed or treated are approximate.
Details on our returns policy.